- Ph. D. student Computer Science (Applied Math) St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, Russia now (Dec., 2005 – Dec., 2008)
- M.Sc. Mathematics Mathematics and Mechanics Department of St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia 2005 (Sept., 2000–Jul., 2005)
- Bayesian inference:
- Bayesian networks.
- Rating systems.
- Computational Genomics and Proteomics:
- Paired de Bruijn graphs in genome assembling.
- A. L. Tulupyev, S. I. Nikolenko, A. V. Sirotkin. Bayesian Networks: A Probabilistic Logic Approach. St.-Petersburg, Nauka, 2006. 608 p (in Russian)
- A. L. Tulupyev, A. V. Sirotkin, S. I. Nikolenko Bayesian belief networks: probabilistic logic inference in acyclic directed graphs. St.-Petersburg, St.-Petersburg state university press, 2009. 400 p. (in Russian)
- S.I. Nikolenko, A.V. Sirotkin. Worst-case upper bounds for SAT: automated proof. Student Session Proceedings, 15th European Summer School in Logic, Language, and Information (ESSLLI 2003). Vienna, Austria, 2003. P. 225–232.
- Sergey I. Nikolenko, Alexander Sirotkin Extensions of the Trueskill™ Rating System // Proceedings of Ninth International Conference on Application of Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing, Prague, Czech Republic August 26-27, 2010, pp. 156-165.
- S.I. Nikolenko, A.V. Sirotkin. A New Bayesian Rating System for Team Competitions. To appear in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2011), 2011.
- Participant of the 15th European Summer School in language, logic and information (ESSLLI 2003), held in Vienna, Austria. August 2003
- Participant of the IV International Seminar “Integrated models and soft computing in artificial intelligence”, Kolomna, Russia. May 2007
- Participant of the V International Seminar “Integrated models and soft computing in artificial intelligence”, Kolomna, Russia. May 2009
- Organizer of the International Seminar for junior scientists, Kolomna, Russia. May 2009