QUAST evaluates genome assemblies. For metagenomes, please see MetaQUAST project.
It can works both with and without a given reference genome.
The tool accepts multiple assemblies, thus is suitable for comparison.
Alexey Gurevich, Vladislav Saveliev, Nikolay Vyahhi and Glenn Tesler,
QUAST: quality assessment tool for genome assemblies,
Bioinformatics (2013) 29 (8): 1072-1075.
First published online: February 19, 2013
- November 27, 2015 — the version 3.2 is released! Now with raw reads support. Check out full list of changes.
- November 26, 2015 — MetaQUAST was published in Bioinformatics (Advance Access), see all details on the project page.
- August 26, 2015 — the version 3.1 is released. We reduced the size of the installation package 5 times! Also, now MetaQUAST includes Krona charts, heatmaps, and many other new features.
- July 13, 2015 — QUAST repositories are open for public access on Github! Command-line tool is here, web interface is here. Any feedback is welcomed at email@example.com !
- July 7, 2015 — QUAST 3 is released! Faster (5x–100x more running w/o reference; running in parallel with large references; new spead-up options: --no-check, --no-gc, --no-snps, --fast); Better (more accurate missasembly detection algorithm, new reports), Significantly upgraded MetaQUAST. Check out full list of changes.
- June, 2015 — The number of QUAST downloads exceeded ten thousands (including more than 6500 downloads of QUAST v.2.3)!
- January 17, 2014 — QUAST 2.3 is released. Now with contig alignment plots!
- April 15, 2013 — The paper was published in Bioinformatics volume 29, issue 8, pp. 1072-1075.
Please help us to make QUAST better by sending your comments, bug reports, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samples of QUAST plots: