Birthday: 21 March 1989. Married, has a daughter (born in 2015).
Algorithmic Biology Lab/Center for Algorithmic Biotechnology, Research Scientist, 2011 -- present time
Algorithmic Biology Lab, Intern, 2011
St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, Research Fellow, 2009-2010
Saint Petersburg Academic University of the Russian Academy of Sciences, PhD student in Bioinformatics, 2012 – present time
Saint Petersburg Academic University of the Russian Academy of Sciences, MSc in Software Engineering (summa cum laude), 2010 – 2012
Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University, BSc in Information Technologies (summa cum laude), 2006 – 2010
Lyceum "Physical-Technical High School" of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2002 – 2006
Alla Mikheenko, Gleb Valin, Andrey Prjibelski, Vladislav Saveliev, Alexey Gurevich. Icarus: visualizer for de novo assembly evaluation. Submitted.
Hosein Mohimani, Alexey Gurevich, Pieter C. Dorrestein, and Pavel A. Pevzner. In silico Identification of Peptidic Natural Products Through Database Search of Mass Spectra. Submitted.
Alla Mikheenko, Vladislav Saveliev, Alexey Gurevich. MetaQUAST: evaluation of metagenome assemblies, Bioinformatics (2015). doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btv697. First published online: November 26, 2015
- Irina Vasilinetc, Andrey D. Prjibelski, Alexey Gurevich, Anton Korobeynikov and Pavel Pevzner. Assembling Short Reads from Jumping Libraries with Large Insert Sizes, Bioinformatics, 2015, 31 (12): pp.
- Andrey D. Prjibelski, Irina Vasilinetc, Anton Bankevich, Alexey Gurevich, Tatiana Krivosheeva, Sergey Nurk, Son Pham, Anton Korobeynikov, Alla Lapidus and Pavel A. Pevzner. ExSPAnder: a universal repeat resolver for DNA fragment assembly. Bioinformatics (2014) 30 (12): i293-i301. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btu266
- Sergey Nurk, Anton Bankevich, Dmitry Antipov, Alexey A Gurevich, Anton Korobeynikov, Alla Lapidus, Andrey D Prjibelski, Alexey Pyshkin, Alexander Sirotkin, Yakov Sirotkin, Ramunas Stepanauskas, Scott R Clingenpeel, Tanja Woyke, Jeffrey S Mclean, Roger Lasken, Glenn Tesler, Max A Alekseyev, Pavel A Pevzner. Assembling single-cell genomes and mini-metagenomes from chimeric MDA products. Journal of Computational Biology 20(10) (2013), pp. 714-737.
Alexey Gurevich, Vladislav Saveliev, Nikolay Vyahhi, and Glenn Tesler. QUAST: quality assessment tool for genome assemblies. Bioinformatics 29(8) (2013), pp. 1072-1075. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btt086
Anton Bankevich, Sergey Nurk, Dmitry Antipov, Alexey A. Gurevich, Mikhail Dvorkin, Alexander S. Kulikov, Valery M. Lesin, Sergey I. Nikolenko, Son Pham, Andrey D. Prjibelski, Alexey V. Pyshkin, Alexander V. Sirotkin, Nikolay Vyahhi, Glenn Tesler, Max A. Alekseyev, and Pavel A. Pevzner. SPAdes: A New Genome Assembly Algorithm and Its Applications to Single-Cell Sequencing. Journal of Computational Biology 19(5) (2012), 455-477. doi:10.1089/cmb.2012.0021
Translational Biomedicine, St. Petersburg, Russia, November 2015 (talk: Software pipeline for Oncology NGS data analysis)
CAMI evaluation meeting, Berlin, Germany, May 2015 (talk: metaQUAST: evaluating metagenome assemblies)
RECOMB & RECOMB-Seq, Beijing, China, April 2013 (poster: quality assessment of genome assemblies (web tool))
RECOMB-AB & RECOMB-BE, St. Petersburg, Russia, August 2012
RECOMB & RECOMB-Seq, Barcelona, Spain, April 2012
Informatics/Programming (Java/Python/Delphi) at Lyceum "Physical-Technical High School", 2012-2015
Linux for Beginners (MOOC at Stepic, in Russian), 2014
Journal Club in Algorithmic Bioinformatics at St. Petersburg Academic University, Fall 2014
Scientific Software Design at St. Petersburg Academic University, Spring 2014
Python for Beginners, Bioinformatics Summer School 2013, Moscow, August 2013
- Nikolay Kapralov, "Evaluating Quality and Enhancing Optical Chemical Structure Recognition Tools" (student of Bioinformatics Institute), Fall 2015
- Alla Mikheenko, "MetaQUAST: Quality Assessment Tool for Metagenome Assemblies" (Internship at the Lab), Summer 2015
- Gleb Valin, "Interactive contig alignment browser" (St. Peterbsurg Academic University, first year Bachelor student), Spring 2015
- Anna Lioznova, "Misassemblies detection without reference" (St. Peterbsurg Academic University, first year Master student), Spring 2014
- Maxim Stepachev, "Interactive visualization of contig alignment" (student of Bioinformatics Institute), Spring 2013
- Vlad Saveliev, "Web-interface for QUAST" (Internship at the Lab), Summer 2012
Genome Assembly Evaluation, Antibiotics Sequencing, Software Engineering